Develop Meaningful Online Strategies
Purposeful Online Interaction
Using the internet in a more purposeful way involves being intentional about how you spend your time online and what you hope to achieve. Here are some ways to use the internet more purposefully:
- Have a vision and set goals: Determine what you want to accomplish when you go online. Whether it’s learning a new skill, finding information on a particular topic, or connecting with like-minded individuals, having a goal in mind can help you stay focused and avoid getting sidetracked by distractions.
- Prioritise quality content: Instead of spending hours scrolling through social media feeds or consuming low-quality content, prioritise high-quality information sources. Look for reputable news sites, academic resources, and educational platforms.
- Engage with others: The internet provides many opportunities to connect with people who share your interests and goals. Join online communities, forums, and social media groups to connect with like-minded individuals, learn from others, and share your knowledge and expertise.
- Develop new skills: The internet provides a wealth of resources for learning new skills. From online courses to instructional videos, there are countless opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Use it for good: The internet can also be used as a tool for positive change. Look for ways to use your online presence to make a difference, whether it’s raising awareness about important issues or supporting causes that are important to you.
Ultimately, using the internet in a more purposeful way requires being intentional about how you spend your time and what you hope to achieve. By setting goals, prioritising quality content, engaging with others, developing new skills, and using the internet for good, you can create a more meaningful and fulfilling online experience.
Ask For Help
Asking is a powerful tool for creating positive change and achieving your goals. When you ask for something, you are actively putting yourself out there, making your needs or desires known, and seeking support or resources to help you achieve your objectives.
There are several reasons why wonderful things can happen when you ask:
- You increase your chances of getting what you want: When you don’t ask, you don’t give others the opportunity to help you. Asking increases your chances of getting the resources or support you need to achieve your goals.
- You build connections and relationships: Asking for help or support can help you build stronger connections and relationships with others. People appreciate when others ask them for help, as it shows that they trust and value their input.
- You open yourself up to new opportunities: When you ask for something, you may be surprised by the new opportunities that come your way. For example, you may be offered a new job or introduced to someone who can help you achieve your goals.
- You learn and grow: Asking for help or support can be a learning opportunity, as you may gain new knowledge, skills, or perspectives. It can also help you to grow as a person, by building your confidence, resilience, and problem-solving skills.
In short, asking is a powerful tool that can help you achieve your goals, build relationships, and open up new opportunities. When you ask for what you want, you take control of your life and create the conditions for positive change and growth.
Information Content vs Action Content
Action-based online content is generally considered better than information-based content because it is more engaging, memorable, and actionable. Here are a few reasons why:
- Encourages engagement: Action-based content encourages users to engage with the content in a more meaningful way. By providing actionable steps or activities, users are more likely to be actively involved in the content, rather than just passively consuming information.
- Increases retention: People are more likely to remember information when they have a hands-on experience with it. Action-based content provides users with the opportunity to put information into practice, which can help improve retention and recall.
- Promotes action: The ultimate goal of content marketing is to drive action. Action-based content can be more effective in achieving this goal because it provides users with specific steps to take, rather than just providing information.
- Provides value: When content is action-based, it provides value to users beyond just information. Users are more likely to view this type of content as helpful and valuable, which can build trust and loyalty over time.
Examples of action-based content include activity listings that help to develop ideas, overcome frustrations, and fix problems, as well as (the usual) interactive quizzes, calculators, games, surveys, and tutorials. By incorporating these types of content into your online habits, individuals and organisations can create a more engaging and effective online experience for their users AND importantly generate value and benefit as opposed to rehashed content.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) may be a powerful tool for improving a website’s visibility and traffic, but there are also some limitations and failings of SEO. Here are a few of them:
- Limited control over search engines: SEO relies on search engines to deliver traffic to a website, but website owners have limited control over how search engines operate. Search engine algorithms can change at any time, and search engines may give preferential treatment to certain types of websites or content.
- Focus on keywords over quality: Some SEO practices place too much emphasis on keyword optimisation, which can lead to a focus on quantity over quality. This can result in content that is poorly written, spammy, or irrelevant to the user’s needs.
- Overemphasis on rankings: While higher rankings in search engine results can lead to increased traffic, they don’t necessarily translate into conversions or revenue. Focusing too much on rankings can distract from other important metrics, such as engagement and conversions.
- Inability to guarantee results: SEO is not a guaranteed way to increase traffic or revenue. It can take time to see results, and there is no guarantee that a particular strategy will work for every website or business.
- Can be time-consuming and expensive: Effective SEO strategies can be time-consuming and require ongoing effort, such as regularly updating content and building links. Additionally, hiring an SEO professional or agency can be expensive.
Overall, while SEO might be an effective way to improve a website’s visibility and traffic, it’s important to recognise its limitations and potential failings. A more well-rounded approach that incorporates value generation can help to mitigate these limitations and create a more comprehensive and meaningful online strategy.
Using ideas shared to build your online individual or organisational brand can be more effective than simply posting pointless content on other social sites or focusing solely on SEO for a few reasons:
- Builds engagement: Sharing interesting ideas and content that resonates with your target audience can help build engagement and a following. This is especially true if the ideas and content are unique and valuable to your audience.
- Creates value: Sharing ideas and content that drives meaningful outcomes, and provides value to your audience can help build your brand’s credibility and authority. This can lead to increased trust and loyalty from your audience, which can be beneficial for long-term growth.
- Encourages sharing: When you share interesting ideas and content, it’s more likely that your audience will share them with their own networks. This can help increase your reach and exposure, which can lead to more followers, customers, and opportunities.
- Supports community building: Sharing ideas and content can help build a community around your brand, which can lead to a more engaged and loyal following. This can be beneficial for a variety of reasons as discussed in this post.
Overall, sharing valuable ideas and content AND taking action using our 7 Step Process can be a far more effective way to build your online brand than simply posting pointless content or focusing solely on SEO. By providing value to your audience and building engagement and community, you can create a more memorable and impactful brand that resonates with your target audience.
Come and give it a go today!